Colne Valley High School, Huddersfield
Teacher of Mathematics
Permanent, full time role to start January 2020
“The book of nature is written in the language of Mathematics.”
Your new school:
Colne Valley High School is one of the first purpose built comprehensive schools in England; founded in 1956 and is located in the Colne Valley, an area of outstanding beauty in the east flank of the Pennine Hills in West Yorkshire. Easily accessible from Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and surrounding areas. With 1300 students from September 2019, and an over-subscribed Year 7 cohort, we are a bustling school with a real community feel.
A school where ‘The quality of teaching is improving and, as a result, more pupils are making good progress.’
Your new role:
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about teaching Mathematics.
- Someone who loves to inspire students.
- Excited by learning.
- Interested in developing a career within a small and supportive Multi-Academy Trust.
- Highly motivated and driven by the desire to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning.
What you’ll get in return:
- A supportive school who value the work life balance of our staff.
- A team who fully support each other by planning together in order to design an effective curriculum and fully tailored lessons and assessments for each year group.
- A commitment to developing reflective practitioners through our Continued Professional Development programme.
- Weekly sessions introducing different aspects of pedagogy designed to complement each stage of your teaching career.
- A fantastic Wellbeing Centre run by a trained counsellor; accessible for both staff & students providing high quality and skilled personalised support.
We are confident that new teachers joining our school will feel welcomed from the moment they start their journey with us and we absolutely encourage prospective applicants to visit school prior to applying. This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their teaching career within a small but very ambitious Multi-Academy Trust.
The small print:
The MFG Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.