Gad's Hill School is an Independent School for pupils aged 3 to 16, with an average class size of 14 pupils.
Required from the Spring Term 2020 – or earlier if possible. Full time (could potentially suit 0.8 or 0.9 part-time arrangement)
Teacher of Mathematics (KS3-4)
A talented and passionate teacher of Mathematics to deliver effective and inspiring teaching, as part of an efficient and collaborative team.
Newly Qualified Teachers would be welcome to apply for this post.
Completed application forms are to be received by email only to the Headmaster, Mr Paul Savage, via his PA, Mrs Tracy Barker: firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be received by the School no later than 4pm on Wednesday, 16th October 2019. Please note that if you do not receive an acknowledgement of your emailed application by this time please contact the School as a matter of urgency as you should assume your application has not been received.
Interviews will be held at the School between the 28th – 31st October and it is hoped that the selected candidate will be able to commence employment from the start of the Spring Term 2020 (Monday, 6th January) or earlier if possible.
- An excellent teacher with very good relationships with students.
- Committed to the highest expectations of students and their learning.
- High personal standards of meeting expectations, organisation, paperwork, etc.
- An excellent and effective communicator.
- Able to use data appropriately to monitor and inform planning.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing CPD.
- Able to work with colleagues in the Curriculum Group to develop collaborative solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or in a relevant subject.
- Professional teaching qualification desirable.
- Average class size of 14 pupils.
- As an independent school we have a slightly longer school day (pupils attend 8.30am-4pm) but enjoy a generous 16 weeks of school holidays.
- Salaries are based on our own Gad’s Hill pay scales and teachers have access to the national Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Parking is provided on-site and a subsidised, home-cooked lunch is available each day in term time.
- Children of all staff receive subsidised education at Gad’s Hill, subject to our policy and standard entry requirements.