This is an exciting new role in the Department for September 2020. We are looking for a team player to focus on closing the gap on the achievement outcomes for our pupil premium, SEN and boys in Maths. You will need to be a data driven individual with the ability to identify underperformance and have the skills to plan and lead an intervention strategy for these core groups.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher with a passion for making a difference to the life chances of our young people and who is committed to helping all of our pupils to aspire and succeed whatever their starting point. The Maths department is a very collaborative team with one aim-to continue the rapid rise in results and to be the highest achieving department in the school.
Brownhills is a school which prides itself on its positive relationships, engaging pupils and highly committed staff. We are a small, thriving school and in our May 2017 Ofsted Report, we were judged to be a GOOD school with a wide range of OUTSTANDING FEATURES. From April 2020, we have chosen to join a successful and ethical Multi Academy Trust.
The ideal candidate should:
- have excellent subject knowledge and a passion to help young people learn
- possess strong data analysis skills to identify and target support for underperformance
- demonstrate a strong passion for their subject
- have the ability to instil self-belief and raise student expectations
- be a strong classroom manager able to engage and enthuse students
- be a fully inclusive team player and work with staff that will support them fully.
In return, we offer:
- supportive and inclusive work environment
- comprehensive CPD
- opportunities for career progression
- staff wellbeing programme/social activities
- commitment to achieving a realistic work/life balance.
For further details, please contact Diane Lindsay, Human Resources, on 01543 452886 ext 256.
Application forms are available via the school website . Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted directly to the school.
Closing date: Noon on Friday, 24th January 2020.
Please note we reserve the right to appoint or withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment.