The Federation and Academy
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
The core purpose of this post is to teach mathematics at key stages 3 to 5, and contribute to the continuing development of the Mathematics curriculum. It is expected that the successful candidate will consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons within the department. The College offers Mathematics at Key Stage 3, at GCSE and at Post-16. We are looking for an innovative and forward–looking individual who can inspire students and contribute fully to a very active Mathematics team.
Experienced colleagues and NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job
- To work within and contribute to established College and department frameworks for
o lesson planning, delivery and evaluation.
o student behaviour and care
o student assessment
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Mathematics across all age and ability ranges
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to initiate change where appropriate
- To consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
- To ensure that students’ work is marked regularly and conscientiously, in accordance with the College marking policy
- To set and mark internal examinations and tests as required
- To demonstrate good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom.
- To be fully committed to the College’s house and enrichment activities
- To possess excellent ICT skills and use these as a core tool in the teaching of Mathematics
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the College and department policy and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed
- To work within the academy framework with regard to Health and Safety