We invest in our staff: Be supported, be appreciated and enjoy your teaching
Following expansion of the school, we are thrilled to be recruiting for an additional person to join our excellent department of Mathematics. The successful candidate will also be required to teach Mathematics up to A level.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and energetic teacher to join our successful and well-resourced Mathematics Department.
Our current team of educators is largely made up of 21-35 year olds and so if you're an NQT or relatively new to teaching, you'll feel right at home!
Our Mathematics department consists of nine full-time specialist Mathematicians (including this appointment), along with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Head of Sixth Form, who are all teaching members of the Department. There are weekly meetings to ensure every person in the department is comfortable and confident with the task in hand and to help you to ahieve fullfilment in your teaching career.
At Bourne Grammar School we know that support and appreciation brings the best out of staff and students alike. Here at BGS, your efforts are recognised and valued, as are your aspirations.
Rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted, we strive at all times to be just that.
We invest in you, because we understand that our – Best Atmosphere, Best Support, Best Results – depends on your performance. Above all, we offer an environment in which you can enjoy your teaching, with staff and students who are genuinely grateful for your commitment.
Why work with us?
- Students that are enthusiastic, appreciative and genuinely keen to learn
- A large and highly successful Sixth Form
- A school committed to doing the best for its students
- Very supportive colleagues & excellent Mathematics subject leader
- Excellent professional development and guidance - training available for all staff
- Teaching only responsibilities (teaching staff are not required for lunch time duties etc)
- Weekly department meetings
- NQT's meet weekly & feedback to a mentoring management team
The fun stuff
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Previous trips include Barbados, NY, Switzerland & Italy
- Chess club & running club currently run by Mathematics teachers
- Outstanding accommodation and facilities
- Free gym facilities for staff
- Excellent staff & student canteen (approximately £1.00 per course)
- Friday coffee & donuts for all staff
- Free parking
- Free commoddities (Tea & coffee)
- Your own iPad and laptop
- Our team of staff is ready to welcome you to the family!
What we need from you:
- Passion for your subject
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Enjoyment in your teaching, wherever you are at in your career
- Teamwork within the department
- High expectations of yourself and pupils
- Good IT skills South-West Lincolnshire offers:
- Affordable housing in a beautiful area
- Attractive town with easy access to London, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester from nearby Peterborough, all within an hour’s commute
- London is 45 minutes by train from Peterborough
- Outstanding schools at all ages
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
Expenses will be paid to all those interviewed
We welcome visits from prospective applicants.
Arrangements can be made by telephoning Mrs Stella Chamberlain on 01778 391648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org In any event please do not hesitate to make contact with Stella by telephone and or email. We do all we can to ease the process for all applicants.
Go to our website for more information regarding the School: www.bourne-grammar.lincs.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all who work here to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.