Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by the 2016 Value Added Progress 8 score being the 21st highest in the country and in the top 10 in London. We opened in 2008 and have grown to now include a sixth form. Our primary phase opened in 2015. The engaging curriculum, and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to offer their ideas to create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students. The mathematics department have achieved outstanding results. Last year at GCSE, 78% of students achieved an A* to B with a Progress 8 figure of 1.17. This places the mathematics department at Wren in top 1% of schools nationally.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
- outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
- a strong mathematics background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE, with A Level desirable but not essential
- excellent organisational skills
- evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
- the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
Closing date: Noon Thursday 12 October 2017 but applications will be considered as they are received. Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 16 October 2017.
For an application pack please see our website: www.wrenacademy.org/recruitment
Wren Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.