Manchester Mesivta is excited to offer the role of Teacher of Mathematics within our rapidly growing Jewish boy’s school. The role will involve teaching of Maths from KS3 to KS5.There will be a balance of teaching between KS3, KS4 and ‘A’ level. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their subject and determined in their mission to impart knowledge, skills and understanding to all of our young people, whilst exciting and engaging them in their learning. The position would suit an experienced or NQT teacher.
By joining Manchester Mesivta you will be working within a centre that boasts small class sizes, exceptional results and performance, and a positive work/life balance. Our Maths department is incredibly popular with our students and often leads the school in its results and performance data ensuring excellent qualifications for all.
You should be a committed classroom practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching. You must be able to establish excellent relationships with pupils and colleagues, and work well within a team.
We offer a supportive environment for practitioners to grow and develop their practice, and encourage teachers with a passion for their subject to help offer unique experiences for our learners.
In your application please state if you have any practice in teaching other maths based subjects (Further Maths, Physics, Engineering, ICT, Statistics, etc.) as the school is interested in ensuring that the job role allows the successful candidate to develop and grow their practice in accordance with their desires and our ethos.
Duties as a Classroom Teacher
Register classes taught at the commencement of the lesson.
• Plan and prepare course and lessons appropriate to each class. Teach according to pupils educational needs, recording teaching activity.
• Regularly set, mark and record homework for all pupils, according to the school homework schedule.
• Maintain classroom discipline and a safe working environment for pupils, observing all LA and school guidelines with regard to the welfare, health and safety of pupils.
• Implement process of assessment, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainments of pupils taught.
• Mark examination papers as and when required.
• Maintain an up-to-date professional knowledge of developments within his/her subject area, reviewing from time to time methods of teaching and programmes of work.
• Participate in arrangements for his/her further training and professional development as a teacher, where appropriate.
• Participate in arrangements for cover for absent colleagues in emergencies, and if absent yourself, provide work for classes affected.
Teaching and Learning
• Promote an enthusiasm and a passion in students for Mathematics
• Have clear vision regarding how Mathematics should be taught, developed and assessed in light of curriculum changes across KS3, 4 and 5, ensuring that the Mathematics curriculum matches student need/interests.
• Promote and develop high quality teaching and learning in Mathematics.
• Ensure effective use of data to promote students’ learning and embed aspirational target settings across all key stages and for all student groups.
• Identify underachieving pupils and ensure that appropriate intervention is conducted and monitored and ensure Heads of Year and/or parents/carers are kept well informed.
• Ensure the subject fulfils its cross-curricular role(s) ie. Citizenship/Literacy/Numeracy/Enterprise/ICT.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Monitor, evaluate and support intervention to tackle any student underperformance.
• Undertake work scrutiny in line with the school policy.
• Regular review and update schemes of work.
• Ensure effective deployment of support staff and promote collaboration between all members of the team.
Manchester Mesivta School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Located in Prestwich, Greater Manchester, Manchester Mesivta School is an Orthodox Jewish secondary school for boys. A voluntary-aided school, it was originally founded as an independent fee-paying school, but in 2004 became state-aided. The school h...