Teacher of Mathematics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Manchester. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Mathematics to its progressive and supportive Maths Department ideally starting April 2022 or sooner.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Maths at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Mathematics to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
"This academy opened in September 2010 in a new building and is sponsored by one of Manchester’s largest businesses. The culture of the Academy has a strong ethical stance, using values and principles to inspire individuals in the academy to develop as global citizens.
The academy has been in the top 1% of all schools nationally with its excellent attendance at over 97%. In 2014, the academy outperformed other sponsored academies nationally and was judged by Ofsted as ‘Good’ with many outstanding features. In February 2018 the academy was again judged to be “Good” with many outstanding features. This year saw record results at the Academy, with Maths achieving 64% at 9-4. This is truly an exciting time for the right candidate to join their growing and talented staff team."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• On-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• Progression support throughout the school and wider group
• Support package for NQT’s/ECT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship
• The chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• A relevant Mathematics Degree or a related subject
• Experience in delivering Mathematics up to GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• A love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1529587 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes school name, role specifics and context. Please include REF: 1529587 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...