We have a rare opportunity to join our exceptional Mathematics Department. We are looking for a full-time, enthusiastic and versatile team player to join our established team from September 2020, to cover a period of maternity leave.
Applications are welcome from NQTs. The School offers an excellent NQT induction programme.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Mathematics department is a leading example of excellence in Mathematics teaching, with teachers travelling from across the country to observe and learn from our teaching. As a department we value high quality CPD. Take up at A-Level is strong. St Marylebone’s Maths Hub status grew out of this success; the Maths Hub runs a number of Maths CPD courses across its alliance in primary and secondary and the department is actively involved in the Teaching for Mastery Programme and mixed attainment teaching. St Marylebone Maths teachers therefore have the opportunity to participate in nationally-influential projects and CPD.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject
• Successful experience of teaching Mathematics at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
• Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website: https://stmarylebone.school/
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post. Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 26th February 2020
Start date: September 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).