Contract Date: 10th January 2022
Application Closing Date: 10th December 2021
Employment: Full time
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an experienced IB teacher of mathematics. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the school’s vision and mission. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success and development of AMADEUS International School.
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is a young, unique, and dynamic IB World School (PYP, MYP, DP & CP) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna. We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has a dedicated Academy of Music and the Arts. Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school community of more than 45 nationalities. Our family-style boarding houses build a sense of community and cater for both boys and girls between Grades 6 to 12.
- Contribute towards creating a safe environment in which all students can learn (including adhering to advice, policy, and procedure relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding)
- Work closely and collaboratively with the academic team to ensure the effective delivery of high-quality teaching and learning and development a relevant, challenging, and rigorous, MYP and DP curriculum
- Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Write personalised reports to inform parents of their son/daughter’s progress
- Take an active part in the life of the school through attendance at parents’ meetings, school events, and professional development as required
- Contribute his/her skills and talents to the school’s after-school activity (ASA) programme
- Contribute his/her skills and talents to the Boarding programme
- Bachelor’s Degree and secondary teaching qualification that fulfils the requirements of the Austrian authorities to teach Mathematics (PGCE...)
- Subject and pedagogical expertise in Mathematics
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy and the IB Learner Profile
- Epitomises the School’s definition of Educational Distinction
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in secondary years education
- Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP / DP
- Master’s Degree
- EU citizenship
- IB training - Category 1 or 2
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Experienced with entry in student math competitions
- Competent operating school-based information management systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
- Long-term employment in an international company as well as other positive benefits
- Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
- Attractive working environment within an open and warm community
- The salary, depending on qualifications and experience, follows the current salary scale with a minimum gross monthly salary of 3.300,00 EUR (14 times a year) for an employment based on a full-time equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
AMADEUS Vienna follows international best practice Child Protection and Safer Recruitment processes. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening (police records…) and appropriate pre-employment/reference checks.
If you are a highly motivated team player, please send your full application (including CV, cover letter, photo and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether you apply for a Head of Department position or the teaching position only.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.