Teacher of Mathematics
(TLR2:1 is available for the suitable candidate)
Permanent, Full Time
South Craven School, supported by South Craven Academy Trust since May 2011, is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with easy access to Leeds, Bradford and Greater Manchester. South Craven achieves strong results at both GCSE and A level and has an excellent vocational programme.
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community. Our main priority is to ensure our students have the best opportunities for success and the highest possible aspirations for the future. We are very proud of our excellent reputation in our local community, recognising our responsibility to provide young people with the skills and qualities to respond to the challenges of a fast changing world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Mathematics Faculty for an inspiring, enthusiastic and talented teacher to join the team as a Teacher of Maths. The faculty is a vibrant and highly successful faculty and offers GCSE and A level specifications.
The successful candidate will join the team in September 2020.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Teaching all aspects of Mathematics (including A Level for a suitable candidate)
• Developing and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum
• Using appropriate teaching and classroom strategies to motivate students and enable their progress
• Contributing actively to the policies and aspirations of the school.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to teach Mathematics
• The potential to be an outstanding teacher
• Knowledge and understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy
• Personal ambition and the capacity for hard work
If you wish to hear more about this exciting vacancy, please contact Paula Read at Hays Education on 0113 2003710 or email email@example.com
Please send your letter of application together with an up to date CV to Paula Read at Hays.
The closing date for applications to be returned is noon on Friday 27 March 2020, interview date to be confirmed.
South Craven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.