This post would suit either an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher as the teaching can be tailored to the successful applicants strengths and interests. We would also consider prep school teachers with expertise in delivering Maths to Key Stage 3 students and there is a possibility that for the right applicant the post could be part-time. The successful applicant will be a passionate classroom teacher and will have an enthusiasm for their subject and for the wider roles within a busy boarding school environment.
The ability to teach computing at KS3 and possibly to GCSE would a distinct advantage. The Computing Department has expanded over the past few years to offer GCSE as well as A Level qualifications, in addition to a full KS3 curriculum. In addition to delivering the computing specific skills required for course specifications, we also cover a range of broader digital literacy skills to ensure that our students are expert users of technology throughout the school. Dependant on experience the successful candidate will be expected to teach KS3, KS4 and potentially A‐Level.
• A good degree in a Mathematics or Computing related subject.
• PGCE qualified or equivalent.
• Excellent classroom practitioner.
• Willing to develop pedagogy and knowledge of the non‐specialist subject.
• An innovative approach to student learning and the ability to stretch our brightest students whilst engaging students of all abilities.
• Good classroom management which promotes student learning.
• Ability to be self‐motivated, and a team player.
• Confident user of IT to enhance learning both within and outside the classroom.
• The emotional intelligence to contribute to the School’s extensive pastoral programme
• To be in alignment with the ethos of Bloxham School, including a commitment to the broader curriculum.
• A proven record of reflection and continuous professional development to your practice in the past and a willingness to continue to do so in the future.