Bloxham School is seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Mathematics. The successful applicant will be a passionate classroom teacher and will have an enthusiasm for their subject and for the wider roles within a busy boarding school environment. This post would suit either an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher. We would also consider prep school teachers with expertise in delivering Maths to Key Stage 3 students.
An ability to teach further maths and/or a second subject would be an advantage.
- To be an inspirational teacher of Mathematics; to model excellence in ensuring enthusiasm for the subject and leading to high value-added results for students in external examinations.
- To contribute to curriculum development to ensure both knowledge and skill acquisition.
- Prepare dynamic and engaging lessons in line with curriculum and prepare and explain independent learning exercises that will further expand skills and topic knowledge.
- Mark and provide clear and concise feedback on completed work in a timely and formative fashion, which leads to student improvement.
- A passion for innovative student learning and the ability to stretch our brightest students, alongside raising attainment for all.
- Participation within the pastoral and broader curriculum programme.
- A commitment to continued professional development and to the development of classroom pedagogy.
- A degree in Mathematics or a related subject.
- PGCE qualified or equivalent.
- Excellent classroom practitioner.
- Willing to develop pedagogy and knowledge of the non‐specialist subject.
- An innovative approach to student learning and the ability to stretch our brightest students whilst engaging students of all abilities.
- Good classroom management which promotes student learning.
- Ability to be self‐motivated, and a team player.
- Confident user of IT to enhance learning both within and outside the classroom.
- The emotional intelligence to contribute to the School’s extensive pastoral programme
- To be in alignment with the ethos of Bloxham School, including a commitment to the broader curriculum.
- A proven record of reflection and continuous professional development to your practice in the past and a willingness to continue to do so in the future.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years