Teacher of Maths
Job Start: September 2018
Location: Ashlawn School, Rugby
Salary: MPS/UPS (Suitable for NQTs)
Contract Type: Full/ Part-time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly committed and inspirational maths teacher from September 2018 to join our dedicated and very successful department in a school that is outstanding in every category (OFSTED Nov 2013).
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, hard-working department in a school that OFSTED described as having a good mix of innovative and more traditional approaches. As a department we are very friendly and supportive and work well as a team to constantly improve teaching and learning. This enables students and staff to reach their true potential.
You will have the opportunity to teach students who are well motivated and achieve well above the national average. Maths results have improved consistently in recent years, GCSE Maths 4+ were over 85% this year. There is a large 6th form with a good uptake of maths and further maths.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion and dedication for teaching and learning
- A willingness to teach across the age and ability range including A-level
- A desire to constantly improve and develop your own teaching practice
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the needs of individual students
What we can offer you:
- A strong and supportive Maths department, focused on continued professional development
- A wide range of teaching experiences from KS3 to Further Maths for suitable candidates
- Leadership development
- Well behaved and motivated students who want to succeed
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
- Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
- Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at Ashlawn School
Closing date: 12pm on Monday 18th June 2018
Interviews to be held soon thereafter
We would also welcome any visits to our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunity available.
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mark Williams on the below details
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07841368765
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.