Mathematics Teaching Opportunity in Mongolia (British National Curriculum)
BSU has entered an exciting phase of growth and development and as such, we are seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join our successful teaching team. Due to an increasing demand on student admissions we have expanded our Primary provision in both EYFS and at the upper end of KS2. Our first cohort of Year 13 students completed their ‘A’ Level studies in June 2016 and Year 9 will move into 2-form entry in September 2019. This growth pattern is expected to continue year on year.
BSU is a fully accredited member school of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). In 2018 we successfully achieved ‘Patrons Accreditation’, the new gold standard of accreditation with COBIS. BSU successfully completed the British Schools Overseas inspection in 2014, two years after opening its doors to students. BSU is accredited with the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) Board.
BSU follows a curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Programme, the National Curriculum of England and Wales and Cambridge IGCSE and AS/A2 examinations.
We are a growing school within a unique and fascinating country which is regularly listed among the top ten places to visit in the world. With its stunning scenery and rich, historic culture, Mongolia offers a wide variety of new experiences whoever you are. Ulaanbaatar is moving into the 21st century, is changing and modernising at a fast rate. Come and experience this incredible environment, whilst expanding your career within the exciting and progressive British School of Ulaanbaatar.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified in the UK with a relevant degree and PGCE or BEd with QTS
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum of England and Wales
- Experience teaching GCSE or IGCSE and AS/A2 Mathematics
- A passion for teaching and a commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism
- The ability to offer a second subject would be advantageous
- Knowledge of working with EAL students
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term 2 year contract with the option to extend on completion of the first
- Competitive salary
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to country of residence
- Subsidised utilities including internet
- Baggage allowance
- Health insurance
- 100% tuition fees for up to 2 children
- Free use of pool and gym
All interested applicants are encouraged to send your C.V, a cover letter, a photo taken in the last 6 months and the names and contact information of 3 references, one being your current Head of School.
Closing Date: 21st July 2019
Early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our school and living in Mongolia, please watch a short video about life at BSU.
The British School of Ulaanbaatar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS/police check.