The British School of Barcelona
The British School of Barcelona (BSB) is a great school in a wonderful location. We are an HMC school and were judged by BSO (British Schools Overseas) Inspection to be outstanding in many areas, including safeguarding, pupil welfare, pupil progress and outcomes.
BSB is a large, very popular school for children aged 3 to 18. Our curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum and we offer a wide range of GCSEs, A levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma, all alongside a significant enrichment programme.
Over 1600 pupils from over 50 nationalities attend the school and over 250 staff work at BSB. We are based in two locations just outside the city of Barcelona – in Castelldefels, and in the cosmopolitan town of Sitges.
Significant investment in the school in recent years has seen the building of a Pre-University Centre (Nexus), a theatre, a new Learning Resource Center and a full-sized Astro Turf sports pitch and sports stadium.
The school enjoys a location to the south of Barcelona, one of the most vibrant, culturally rich cities in the world. Both the Castelldefels (Primary and Secondary) and the Sitges (Primary) campuses are minutes away from beautiful beaches and are excellently connected by public transport.
Teacher of Mathematics
We are looking to recruit an outstanding teacher of Mathematics for September 2020. The successful candidate will be based at our Castelldefels Secondary and Pre-University campus.
Join a team of enthusiastic, inspirational, risk-taking individuals who appreciate the rigor of the English curriculum but embrace the freedoms offered by an international setting in order to deliver outstanding results for our students.
Please note – UK qualifications and successful experience in UK schools is essential for all posts.
All positions are offered with attractive packages including very competitive salaries, places for children in BSB, and other local benefits. Full induction and help with settling in Barcelona will be provided.
To apply, please complete the attached application form and send it, along with a covering letter to email@example.com . Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
For further information please visit our website https://www.britishschoolbarcelona.com/
- Deadline for applications: 4pm Monday 13/4/2020 (Spanish time)
- Skype interviews during the week beginning 13/4/2020
- Further Interviews during week beginning 20/4/2020
• Work with the department to develop and deliver lessons in line with Teaching for Mastery.
• Deliver engaging and challenging lessons aligned with the schemes of work for KS3-5.
• Use homework and assessments to monitor and track pupil progress, identifying underachieving students and implementing intervention as needed.
• Provide feedback and communicate effectively with parents, ensuring that both the student and parents are aware of student strengths and targets, across the year.
• Work collaboratively with the members of the department to ensure this thriving department continues to improve.
Working with Cognita
• Achieving more than you believed possible – that’s what constitutes a quality education. At Cognita it is what we strive for in our schools. We want it for our children, and we want it for the people who work for us.
• Since Cognita’s launch in 2004, we’ve built an international network of 69 schools that serve some 30,000 pupils across seven countries in the UK, Europe, Latin America and South-East Asia.
• Cognita’s international network of schools and regional offices, combined with our ongoing investment in the professional development of our people, means we can offer first-class career opportunities with a global dimension. If you want to take your career further, we want to support you in achieving that goal within Cognita.
• Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.