Shrewsbury Academy opened in September 2016 following the merger of two Shrewsbury secondary schools and is part of the Shrewsbury Academies Trust. The Headteacher and Director of Maths are seeking an inspirational, professional and dynamic teacher to join us on this exciting stage of our journey.
We are looking for a specialist keen to develop their career who will play an integral role in the creation and delivery of an exciting Mathematics curriculum. The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for mathematics that will inspire students and celebrate the beauty of the subject.
We are passionate about what we do throughout our school to ensure the young people in our care have access to the very best teaching and opportunities.
We have a thriving extra-curricular timetable including University visits, debating competitions and G&T projects.
We are seeking a suitably qualified teacher or NQT
- has the passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people;
- is enthusiastic and highly-motivated;
- has the commitment to achieve excellent results for students;
- has high expectations of themselves and others.
In return we can offer:
- a forward-thinking, dedicated senior leadership team
- students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn
- a well-resourced school with excellent facilities
- an energetic department who offer support, guidance and a real team ethos.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Hazel O’Shea if you would like to arrange this.
Telephone No: 01743 276700
Closing date: 15.2.19
Shrewsbury Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure will be requested in the event of an individual being offered the position.