Teacher of Mathematics
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey sponsored by the City of London Corporation. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching, provided within an environment led by a strong sense of pride and belonging to the Academy and the wider community.
As the lead for the London South East Maths Hub, we are part of a collaborative national network of 35 hubs that bring together mathematical educational professionals to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Mathematics. You will be a teacher that will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets. We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be teacher of mathematics/NQT with consistently ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ classroom practice
- A passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement.
- Able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-16, including A-level.
- Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school.
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- Have a desire to become a middle leader
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community school where student and staff feel valued and supported
- A multicultural, diverse environment with students who are very keen to learn and make rapid progress
- An academy with excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to staff development
All applications must be made via the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details about the academy are available on the website at: www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Closing date: 11.59pm on Thursday 25th October 2018
Start date: January 2019
Interviews: Will be held as and when applications are received.