Do you have the talent and ambition to make a difference to our school?
We wish to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Mathematics with the ability to develop and implement a coherent numeracy policy across our school.
The role and responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Providing high quality teaching of Mathematics
- Leading, developing and enhancing the classroom practice of numeracy to teaching staff through coherent CPD
- Supporting and guiding colleagues in achieving targets for improvements in numeracy across school
- Raising student attainment
- Monitoring and reporting on student progress
- Supporting the vision and values of the school
- Knowledge and experience of teaching Mathematics at all three Key Stage levels
- Up to date teaching methodology
- A passion for inspiring young people to attain the highest level possible
- An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
- The ability to inspire others and build positive working relationships
Bingley Grammar is an oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. The school prides itself on its commitment to the professional development of staff. We offer a range of professional development opportunities including our fully funded Master’s degree (MEd Education) with Edge Hill University and a two hour CPD session every other Monday afternoon.
The Mathematics faculty comprises of an enthusiastic team of 13 members of staff who are committed to working together to drive further improvements across the department. Last year we achieved 83% A* to C and Mathematics is the most popular choice at “A” Level. The post would be suitable for a teacher early in their career who is looking to step into a middle leadership role or an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge in an environment offering outstanding training and progression programmes to all. This is an exciting time to be joining as we move towards becoming an outstanding department.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within a collaborative team of staff who are committed to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning of Mathematics.
- Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
- An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection.
For more information and to apply please see our website: www.bingleygrammar.org/about/vacancies
For queries or to arrange a visit, please contact the Recruitment team: T: 01274 807720 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 26th April at 9.00am
Please note CVs will not be accepted
Headteacher: Mr Luke Weston
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.