This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Mathematics to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
- The Maths department is lively, well managed and successful. It is well resourced, with its own computer room
- There is a supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
- At GCSE, there is high attainment (typically 80% 9-4 / A*-C) and very positive value-added
- Popular at A Level with 4 groups each year covering Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Mechanics and Statistics and a number of pupils going on to study Maths at degree level
- The department was praised in the last OFSTED inspection, "Mathematics is a strength of the school." "Mathematics is taught very well in the school. Students apply mathematical skills adeptly in a range of other subjects."
NQT salary backdated to 1st August
Excellent NQT programme, commended in Investors in People Report, "a great place to work".
Regular professional development opportunities are offered.
Nursery on site with reduced rates for staff.
The school has been highly sought-after for many years, with very high levels of interest again for September 2020. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils.
In its January 2019 visit, Ofsted commented that “Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere".
Closing date is 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312