We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher who will lead on the coaching and development of staff within the Maths Department. The objective is to train and develop Maths staff and ensure that the team become the leading department in terms of the quality of teaching. The Maths Department is a very collaborative team with one aim - to continue the rise in results and to be the highest achieving department in the school.
Brownhills is a school which prides itself on its positive relationships, engaging pupils and highly committed staff. We are a small, thriving school and in our May 2017 Ofsted Report, we were judged to be a GOOD school with a wide range of OUTSTANDING FEATURES. From April 2020, we have chosen to join a successful and ethical Multi Academy Trust.
The ideal candidate should:
- be strong on curriculum understanding and pedagogy in Maths
- have excellent subject knowledge and a passion to help young people learn
- demonstrate a strong passion for their subject, and have a positive attitude towards our students
- understand the power of acting to improve teaching and demonstrate effectiveness in delivering a high-quality training programme which raises outcomes
- have the ability to instil self-belief and raise student expectations
- be a strong classroom manager who is able to engage and enthuse students
- be a fully inclusive team player and work with staff that will support them fully.
In return, we offer:
- supportive and inclusive work environment
- comprehensive CPD
- opportunities for career progression
- staff wellbeing programme/social activities
- commitment to achieving a realistic work/life balance.
For further details, please contact Diane Lindsay, Human Resources, on 01543 452886 ext 256.
Application forms are available via the school website . Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted directly to the school.
Closing date: Noon on Friday, 24th January 2020.
Please note we reserve the right to appoint or withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment.