Rugby Free Secondary School opened in 2016 and has just moved into a brand-new purpose-built facility. The road hasn’t been smooth, but it is a school committed to providing success for all of its students and providing a workplace that supports its staff to ensure they are able to work to the best of their ability for our students every day. You won’t find teachers and staff anywhere else who are as committed to a school’s purpose and supporting its success.
We are currently graded as inadequate by Ofsted (May 2019) but on our first monitoring visit (December 2019) and then again in February 2021, it was recognised just how much the school has improved in such a short space of time. Our aim is to be at least ‘good’ by December 2021.
- To teach Mathematics across the age and ability range
- To prepare students for external examinations and assessments as directed by the Director of Learning
- To prepare and deliver lessons according to school/departmental schemes of work
- To mark and assess students’ work according to the school/departmental policies
- To attend and contribute to relevant meetings
- To play an active part in the long term development of the Department
- To play a full part in the allocated Head of Year Team – including carrying out duties as a form tutor, if appropriate
- To play a full part in safeguarding students and contributing to their personal development and well-being
To undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a main scale teacher.
To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive ethos and to encourage other staff and students to follow this example
Rugby Free Secondary School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years