Do you want to join a Maths Department in a flagship school, where a love of Maths is nurtured and where 9-4 (A*-C) attainment increased by 14% in 2017? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a teacher of Maths at this “Outstanding” Catholic School (Section 48 Inspection Oct 2017).
St Wilfrid's Catholic School is:
- a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 940 students.
- a school that wants to be the very best it can be.
- a school where everyone is valued and supported.
- a strong community based on mutual respect.
- a welcoming and productive place.
Our Maths Department:
- is fully staffed by dedicated, specialist practiioners
- is open to innovation and change
- works closely with Sussex Maths Hub
- is involved with NCETM Reasoning in Mathematics Project
- A Level Maths is a popular choice at KS5, especially with our girls
- plays a major role in the enhancement of STEM in our curriculum
If you want to work in a school where everyone is valued and supported to be the best they can be (both students and staff) then this is the school for you. Please click on this link to get a flavour of St Wilfrid’s: https://youtu.be/gYoj4Zfsa4E
As you will see from the link, we have great facilities, great staff and above all, great students!
This is a school that wants to be the very best it can be. Do you want to be part of that? This post would be ideal for an NQT, or for anyone who wants to join a school where there may be future opportunities for progression. You do not need to be a Catholic to work here, indeed many of our staff are not, but a willingness to embrace the ethos of the school is expected.
The strength of community at St Wilfrid’s is a strong one based upon mutual respect. The staff are incredibly hard working and are prepared to go the extra mile for the students in their charge. Our students are amazing and they contribute enormously to making the school such a welcoming and productive place. All potential applicants are invited and encouraged to arrange a visit – we firmly believe you won’t be disappointed.
The closing date given is a guide only and you are encouraged to submit your application form by email as soon as possible. There may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.
The school is strongly committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People. The successful applicant shall be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and other recruitment checks.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check at an Enhanced level.