Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics on a full-time permanent basis from November 2021 (also opportunity to start in January 2022). Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an independent, selective day school for boys aged 7 to 13. The prep school first opened in central London in 2004 and has 380 pupils on roll.
The school has developed a reputation over the years as one of the most sought-after prep schools for boys in Central London. They attribute that success, of course, to a meticulously planned academic curriculum, which sees their boys continue their senior education at some of the most prestigious schools, but then there is their extraordinary range of sporting, club and excursion opportunities, which introduces boys to such varied experiences, endowing them with the life skills to address new challenges with a spirit of optimism and flexibility of outlook.
The school is either seeking an existing Key Stage 2 or 3 class teacher or a talented practitioner who would like to develop their career in this direction. Applications are welcome from those with appropriate independent or maintained sector experience, including secondary schools.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To prepare Maths lessons across Year groups 4-8
- To attend curriculum meetings with respect to the Maths Department
- To develop and promote the Maths Department in conjunction with the Head of Maths
- To take responsibility for a Club during Friday afternoon Club time
- To assist with any residential field trips and day visits to local sites of educational interest
- To ensure appropriate materials and related equipment are ordered and maintained in conjunction with the SMT
- To use interesting, inspiring and innovative displays
The Successful Candidate:
- Have outstanding subject knowledge, academic qualifications and to be able to communicate their enthusiasm
- Be able to deliver dynamic and effective lessons to the full ability range of pupils at the School
- Highly effective communication skills for interacting with all members of the School community
- A genuine commitment to pastoral care and the welfare and safeguarding of pupils
- Interests and abilities that can enhance the School’s co-curricular programme
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...