Dene Community School, Teacher of Maths with Departmental Leadership Responsibility - commencing September 2018 - TLR 2b
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated Maths practitioner who is committed to providing an exciting and rewarding experience for all of our students.
Dene Community School is a high achieving school with an excellent climate for learning. The OFSTED inspection in November 2014 noted that: “Teaching is good and ensures that students make good progress in a wide range of subjects.” In 2016 the school achieved a positive Progress 8 score, placing us within the top 10 schools in the North East of England.
You are required to be an excellent practitioner with a past record of high performance linked to students’ learning, standards and progress. You must also have a belief in the ability of all students within the school to achieve their full potential. Moreover, you will need to demonstrate that you can inspire both staff and students.
The successful applicant will:
- Undertake additional responsibility in order to support with the strategic leadership of the Maths department.
- Be an inspirational practitioner who maximises the potential of students and staff.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Develop learning and teaching across the curriculum though the provision of specialist advice and support for teaching staff.
- To be able to use self-evaluation and performance data to identify and implement effective improvement.
- Maximise achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
- Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school and the personal development of our students.
Closing date for applications is: 12 Noon, Wednesday 24 January 2018
Interviews will be held w/c: 29 January 2018
Further details about this position and an application pack are available from the vacancies section of our website: www.dene.durham.sch.uk.
Email completed applications to: email@example.com
Dene Community School is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.