To complete our team at Campus des Nations, Secondary School, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Mathematics (with the possibility of a Head of Department Role for a candidate with adequate profile)
Full-time 40 hours
• To be an advocate for student wellbeing and a holistic educator
• Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
• A passion for engaging concept based learning strategies
• An excellent understanding of Mathematics
• A willingness to teach across all age ranges (11 to 18yrs old)
• Demonstrate experience and understanding of the importance of pastoral care within a school, with a desire to take an active role in our Mentor system
• Excellent understanding and use of ICT in the classroom (Google Level 1 / 2 educator certificate)
• Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays and department field trips
• Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
Head of Department Responsibilities:
• Develop the Curriculum and ‘approaches to teaching’ of the department.
• Oversee and support the Professional Development of all the members of the department.
• Set strategic goals based on the Foundations Strategy.
• Ensure that the department meets IBO, CIS and MSA regulations.
• Assist the Secondary Principal in carrying out the strategic plan of the school.
• Work closely with the Learning Support Department to ensure all student needs are met.
• Promote peer to peer observations within and across departments
• Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
• Experience of teaching IB Diploma Programme and Middle Years Programme in an international setting is an advantage
• Fluent English speaker. Good working knowledge of French is an advantage
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, Secondary School Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations by March 2nd, 2020, mentioning the reference number 430 020.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers