TEACHER OF MATHS
ARK ACTON ACADEMY
Location: Acton, London — Excellent transport links, Acton Town station only 5 minutes’ walk and ample car parking onsite.
Role: Teacher of Maths
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Ark Main scale (Inner London)
Closing date: 24th September 21
Interviews: On a Rolling Basis – (We reserve the right to close the advert early so early application is advised)
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an Academy at the beginning of its improvement journey and help grow Ark Acton into a beacon for state education. We know that the quality of an Academy cannot outstrip the quality of its teachers and so we place a primacy on teacher growth and development. Working for Ark Schools you will receive high levels of support and coaching and be allowed to develop.
Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• Salary higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
• Excellent staff benefits, including free Yoga sessions, discounted MOT, dry cleaning service, use of the fully equipped Gym
If you are obsessed about the importance of Mathematics and the role your subject plays in helping students make sense of the world around them then this is the job for you. We place the curriculum at the heart of school life and are currently heavily involved in research into curriculum thinking and developing subject expertise.
The ideal candidate will
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Maths
• Have the commitment, skills and character required to build a successful department
• Share the Ark Acton Academy vision and be aligned with the six pillars underpinning it
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
For more information and a full job description please click here.
For Further information on the school please visit the school site at https://arkacton.org
To view ours safeguarding policy please follow https://arkacton.org/safeguarding
To find out more about the school and school policies, please visit https://arkacton.org/
To apply please go to https://arkonline.org/careers . Please submit your application by 24th September 2021.
For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Ruth Macmurray, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
“This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role”.
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.
Ark Acton Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
At Ark Acton Academy we believe that every child, regardless of background or prior achievement, can be successful if given great teaching and pastoral support. Our mission is to create a school of the highest standard that achieves this through recr...