Work with great students with an outstanding and supportive department.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics who can excite and motivate young people, is a team player and strives to ensure that all students achieve their full potential. This would suit an NQT or ideally an experienced practitioner with strong subject knowledge and classroom skills - the payscale will reflect this.
Bingley Grammar is an oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. The Mathematics faculty comprises of an enthusiastic team of 14 members of staff who are committed to working together to drive further improvements across the department.
Mathematics is one of the most popular choices at ‘A’ Level and the results at GCSE have improved rapidly with progress at +0.3 in 2017 and further improvement expected this year. The department is well resourced with team work and support playing a major part in our ethos. At KS4 we deliver GCSE Statistics and Further Mathematics in addition to the normal GCSE. We have a thriving 6th Form with high levels of take up at both ‘A’ Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics and an outstanding attainment in the first year of teaching Core Mathematics.
This is an exciting time to join a high achieving department and to contribute to our continued success.
The role and responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate
- Providing high quality teaching of Mathematics
- Raising student attainment
- Monitoring and reporting on student progress
- Supporting the vision and values of the school
We can offer you:
- Knowledge and experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 Mathematics, with the possibility of teaching KS5
- Up to date teaching methodology
- A passion for inspiring young people to attain the highest level possible
- An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
- The opportunity to work within a collaborative team of staff who are committed to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
- An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection.
For more information and to apply please see our website: www.bingleygrammar.org/about/vacancies
For queries or to arrange a visit, please contact the Recruitment team: T: 01274 807720 E: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 19 February 2018 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held on Friday 23 February 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs will not be accepted
Headteacher: Mr Luke Weston