Darwen Vale High School is an Aldridge Academy and as such, part of the national multi academy trust. At a more local level we are part of the North West Cluster of schools that includes 2 other secondary schools and 1 primary school. We are rapidly improving; 2019 results were a huge leap
forward and our outcomes in English and mathematics are in line with national averages. We are at the start of our journey and our ambitions are high. This is an exciting time to join the Trust. We are committed to school improvement based around the methodology espoused by the Uncommon school’s approach. We are focused on the three school improvement levers that we believe will have the greatest impact on student experiences and outcomes:
Data Driven instruction
Applications are invited from well-qualified and enthusiastic candidates to teach Maths at Key Stages 3 & 4 in this forward thinking 11-16 academy which is improving rapidly. The Academy is committed to building a team of exceptional leaders and teachers in a positive and supportive learning
environment. This post would suit either a newly qualified or experienced teacher who wishes to develop his/her career in a positive learning environment where staff are committed to the success of the pupils.
In September 2012 the school moved into its award-winning new school building which retained the iconic frontage of the old Grammar school whilst providing state-of-the-art modern facilities.
We can offer:
* World class facilities, including 3G sports pitches, Mac suites, and 7 ICT rooms, a Dance studio, drama studio, sports Hall and amazing Art studio with terrace overlooking the Darwen Moors.
* Great location; straight off Junction 4 of the M65 and within a 30-minute commute for most places in Manchester and Lancashire.
* Outstanding CPD opportunities (see coaching information), including working with a partner school.
Darwen Vale High School
Darwen Vale’s original predecessor school, Darwen Higher Grade School, was opened 1894 and in 1929 became Darwen Grammar School. The school moved to its current location in 1938 and continued until 1972 when, under the reorgan...