This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, passionate Maths Teacher (experienced or NQT) to develop their career in a diverse and highly supportive environment starting in January 2018. Corelli College Co-operative Academy is a vibrant centre of learning with the highest expectations for each one of our 1150 students. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
According to our recent Ofsted report, “Pupils’ personal development and welfare are strong. Pupils express eloquent support for the college, praising their teachers and the diversity of the community.” Here at Corelli College you will find “…an absolute commitment for rapid improvement from all leaders and governors” (June 2016).
We are looking for:
- A passion for maths and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher or NQT with the potential to be consistently outstanding
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards and maximise their potential
- Someone who shares our cooperative values and a commitment to ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment.
In return, we can offer you:
- A Co-operative Academy making rapid, sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural, diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students.
- If you are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our students and would like to be a part of our journey to ‘Excellence’ we look forward to hearing from you.
Application closing date: Thurs 26th October (12pm)
Interview and lesson observation: Mon 30th/ Tues 31st October
Please click here to view the Job Description for further information. If you wish to arrange a tour of the academy please contact Tony Maggio (HR Manager at Corelli College) via email at TMaggio@corellicollege.org.uk.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.