TEACHER OF MATHS (WITH TLR/LEAD PRACTITIONER/SLE OPPORTUNITIES)
Start Date: April or September 2020
Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies
Salary: Highly Competitive (United Learning Pay Scale, with possibility of a TLR responsibility or Lead Practitioner payscale for the right candidate)
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 17 February 2020
Do you believe in teaching powerful knowledge through explicit and direct instruction?
Do you want to be part of a team, on an exciting ‘turnaround’ journey, where you will help make a lasting impact on our students, many of whom are disadvantaged, so they can make a success of their lives?
This is an excellent opportunity for either an NQT or someone wishing to further develop their career, with opportunities to either take on TLR responsibilities or become a Lead Practitioner.
It is an exciting time to join Avonbourne Academies and play a role in the transformational journey we are currently undergoing. The academies are part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. The academies benefit from working closely with Carter, Glenmoor, Winton and United Sixth Form Academies, as part of the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole cluster. We work as a team and achieve more, by sharing, than any single school could.
We are values-driven and our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. Our most important purpose is to teach young people things they would not learn outside school which empower them. We believe that ‘Knowledge Is Power’. We believe in teaching through explicit/direct instruction (Rosenshine and Engelmann) and utilising TLAC 2.0 techniques. Our mission is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for the ups and downs of life. We are driven by ‘REACH’ values: Respect, Enthusiasm, Ambition, Confidence and Hardwork.
We value our staff highly, and treat workload very seriously. Our systems are high leverage, ensuring you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
What we offer:
• An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector - up to 5% more for NQTs
• The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
• Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm:strict’ behaviour system
• Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
• Opportunity to teach up to A Level
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
• A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to mark KS3 homework
• Same-day centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
• No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole academy cluster
• Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
• An unrivalled professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner (LP) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes and/or progression routes to middle and senior leadership
• A very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be:
• an excellent teacher of Maths who will play an important role in helping to move Maths into its next stage of development
• aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academies to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
For more information
To apply, please complete the application form.
For more information about this role or to arrange a visit please contact:
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Monday 17 February 2020