Teacher of Maths
Plus access to an individually tailored CPD package
Required for September 2019
This is an exciting time for Lightcliffe Academy as it continues its journey as a member of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust. Currently in Special Measures we have set ourselves ambitious targets: to be rated as “good” as soon as possible, reaching and sustaining “outstanding” thereafter.
Jackie Nellis has been appointed Principal at Lightcliffe Academy and will be taking up the post in September 2019. Previously Jackie has been Head of Learning at Calderdale after her extremely successful period as Head of the Halifax Academy. In 2005 Jackie took up the post of Headteacher of Carlton Bolling College in Bradford, which she helped to lead from special measures to outstanding within 3 years.
We are implementing new curriculum models that have come into place September 2015. This includes commencing a three year KS4 curriculum and realigning options to allow our students to achieve the best they can within the new progress measures.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner, to join our hardworking and dedicated Department. You will be a teacher with a passion for Maths and capable of delivering outstanding and inspirational lessons to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher to join our academy where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged.
As our new Teacher of Maths we will nurture, challenge and support you throughout your career here at Lightcliffe Academy. The post offers an opportunity to join a department where creativity, innovation and the ability to work effectively in a team is valued.
You will be:
• A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of Maths at KS3, KS4 and for the right candidate the possibility to teach Maths at KS5.
• A colleague looking to develop your career within a supportive team
• Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
• Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
We can offer:
• An Academy and a department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey.
• Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions.
• A department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy and to play a part in the development of our Multi-Academy Trust. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy, positive and polite students and staff then we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Mandy Wall on 01422 201028
To obtain an application pack please visit: http://www.abbeymat.co.uk/vacancies or email Mandy Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 Noon Wednesday 19th June 2019.
An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.