To provide highly effective teaching of Maths across all key stages, contributing to the ongoing development of the Faculty. To be a full and contributing member of the Maths Faculty and the Academy.
The Maths faculty is working hard to develop pupils’ confidence in their mathematical abilities to ensure that pupils leave the academy fluent in numerical skills and able to achieve strong outcomes in GCSE Mathematics.
This is an additional post to add to the capacity of our Maths Faculty.
• To teach Maths across all key stages
• To be a form tutor
• To contribute to the co-curricular life of the school
• Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
• Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
• Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
• Contribute to Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
• Set and mark appropriate homework
• Complete all reporting on time
• Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
• Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with direction from the Head of Faculty
• Work to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
• For promoted post to take on additional teaching and learning responsibilities as agreed
• Undertake professional development as agreed with academy leaders
• Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school as directed by the Headteacher.
• Good Honours Degree in Maths or closely related subject
• Recognised Teaching Qualification
• Additional qualifications
• Pastoral related qualifications
• Experience of successful teaching of Maths at Key stage 3 and 4
• Evidence of continually improving teaching and learning
• Experience of successful pastoral and /or progress and achievement leadership
• Experience of Sixth Form teaching
• Experience of a pastoral role within school
• Experience in more than one school
Teaching and Learning
• Excellent classroom practitioner
• Good communication, planning and organisational skills
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
• Experience of data tracking
• Knowledge of curriculum reforms
• A strong team player
• Good sense of humour