We are looking to appoint a teacher to join our exceptionally positive and forward thinking Maths faculty from September 2021. Teachers with strong subject knowledge are encouraged to apply. This post is suitable for NQTS and experienced teachers.
Why join us?
● We are committed that classrooms should be disruption free so that every minute counts and are adopting a centralised approach to behaviour centred on a warm/strict philosophy and shared routines across the school.
● We think you, the teacher, is the expert. We promote the importance of teacher led lessons based on brilliant subject knowledge, great explanations and skilful questioning.
● Our commitment to genuine development. Our evidence based model of teaching is based on the work of Rosenshine and Lemov, and from September all teaching staff (including the Headteacher) will receive fortnightly one-to-one coaching so can all make continual improvements in our teaching.
● We are committed to staff wellbeing and adopting sensible approaches to workload. We recognise the efforts and achievements of all our staff on a weekly basis and never take anyone’s work for granted.
● We are on a journey of which you can be a driving part. Our school improvement groups, led by non-SLT members, are crucial to driving change in the school.
We believe this is an exciting time to join the school and help our students reach their undoubted full potential. If you can dream big, work hard and also have a sense of fun, and we genuinely believe that you will really enjoy working at Thurstable.
We welcome visits or conversations with prospective applicants. To arrange a tour or a confidential phone call, please contact us directly. Please apply online.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.