We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Maths who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Early Career Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
● Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
● Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
● Will work collaboratively within the Maths team to contribute to the success of the department
● Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
● Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
● Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
● A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
● Great students who are proud to be part of the school
● A well-resourced curriculum area
● The opportunity to take an active role in innovative curriculum developments
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture, which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
Maths is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. In 2019, 86% of our 239 students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in Maths. Examinations were not completed in summer 2020 and 2021 however RMS students continued to perform very well in Maths.
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01256 702700) for further information or to arrange an informal visit.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 5th January 2022
Interviews will take place as soon as possible afterwards.
Robert May’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...