This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued.
We are seeking a Maths teacher to join us in September 2019. Maths is an extremely popular subject at Tiffin and all Maths Teachers teach A Level classes; candidates who wish to teach Further Maths will have the opportunity to do this. With a mix of experienced and more recently qualified staff, the successful candidate will be joining a large, supportive and innovative department of teachers, some of whom are also involved outside the department supporting the sporting, artistic, musical and pastoral areas of school life.
The position is suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
• a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff. “An amazing school environment. Supportive and friendly staff. Incredible extra-curricular opportunities. An environment where learning for its own sake (rather than just for passing exams) is encouraged and fostered.” (current teacher)
• very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour. “As our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identify; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays.” (ex-parent)
• an opportunity to teach your subject to a high level. “As I depart for University I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given.” (ex-student)
• a commitment to professional development
• a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, Tiffin is minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
• benefits include: season ticket loan/Cycle to Work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit/free on-site parking/enhanced maternity benefits/2 week Autumn half term holiday
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
We have also been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Closing date: Noon on 18 March 2019. Early applications will be welcome - some interviews may be held in advance of the closing date.