Ref: Maths 1718
Worden is a highly successful, stand-alone academy that was judged good by OFSTED, yet again in February 2016.
The governors of this popular and oversubscribed school are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher, with a real passion for Mathematics to deliver high quality lessons that develop a love of the subject. The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about all aspects of Mathematics with a drive to make a difference. The successful candidate will be an ambitious and resilient individual who has the ability to motivate a team and lead by example to ensure the very best outcomes for our students.
In 2016 we joined the Mathematics Mastery Programme and all new staff will be trained to deliver the programme to Years 7 and 8 with it rolling into Year 9 from September 2018 onwards (for more information visit www.mathematicsmastery.org.) We are excited at the prospect of continuing our Mathematics Mastery journey as we believe it will continue to provide an excellent professional development opportunity for staff and that the focus on developing pupils’ conceptual understanding and problem solving skills is vital in raising standards of attainment in mathematics.
The role provides an opportunity to be part of a strong, forward thinking and proactive team of Mathematic specialists that are highly motivated and well led.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for Mathematics
- Excellent subject knowledge
- A passion to support students in their learning and to enthuse them in Mathematics
- Consistent outstanding practice
- A strong track record or good and better achievement within their own teaching
- Resilience and the ability to think creatively
- Good working relationships with all stakeholders
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk
The behaviour and attitude of students at Worden is excellent and potential candidates are welcome to visit and see us at work.
Application forms and covering letter can be emailed to the Head’s PA; Mrs Pattison firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon Thursday 19th October 2017
Proposed interview date: Week commencing 23rd October 2017
- Degree in a relevant subject
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations.(QTLS)
- Up to date knowledge in subject, national and local policy, pedagogy, classroom management strategies and statutory inspections
- Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
- Experience of implementing strategies which achieve high standards in a curriculum area
- Experience of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 3 and 4
- Understanding of the ‘progress over time’ agenda
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.
Academy @ Worden
Westfield Drive, Leyland, Preston, Lancashire, PR25 1QX
Tel: 01772 421021
School website: www.academyatworden.co.uk