An exciting opportunity to join our bespoke provision as part of the Hinckley and Bosworth Education Partnership (HBEP) until August 2020. HBEP is one of the five Leicestershire Behaviour Partnerships providing education for challenging students who can no longer access mainstream provision.
We are looking for a Teacher of Maths to join the education team at HBEP. Each year HBEP looks after up to 25 KS3 and 4 students from across 13 secondary schools in the local area.
The ability to teach another subject such as Science and/or ICT would be an advantage.
All teaching is in a small group setting or one-to-one.
· Develop and deliver the new specification for GCSE Maths at KS4
· Develop and deliver functional Maths at KS4
· Teach Maths/Numeracy skills to KS3 students
· Working with and managing challenging students
· Possibly worked in some form of specialist provision e.g. Pupil Referral Unit / EBSD unit
· Used to working with small groups and or one to one with challenging students
· Able to develop and deliver engaging lessons
· Able to inspire the most vulnerable and disengaged to enjoy learning and love Maths again
· Be able to convey a sense of purpose in Maths and numeracy to young people
· Be able to develop basic numeracy skills.
· Independent and self motivated
· Self-directed but also a team player
· Able to develop excellent relationships with students and colleagues
· Strong presence in the classroom
· Understands the importance of being accountable for student progress and how to achieve it
· Good planning and record keeping skills
Closing date - 9.00am - Monday 25th June 2018