Ashcroft High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 1245 students. We were judged to be good with outstanding leadership and management by Ofsted in October 2013. Our students come from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds; this diversity creates an interesting range of exciting opportunities and educational challenges.
The school’s work is based on the values expressed in our school motto:
- A learning community
- Driven by high expectations
- Respect for all
Required from September 2017, we are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Maths who will contribute to raising attainment in the mathematics faculty and across the school. This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified teacher or experienced teacher seeking a fresh challenge. This role comes with the possibility of a relocation allowance (subject to criteria) including accommodation for a single person.
The successful candidate should:
- be an outstanding teacher with the ability to model best practice in the classroom.
- be innovative and a strategic thinker, able to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice.
- have a proven track record in raising standards and achievement in Maths.
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with students and colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- be expected to continue to raise attainment in Maths across both key stages.
- have the opportunity to make a major contribution to whole-school development.
- be in a key post in a school where professional development is encouraged and supported.
Ashcroft High School:
- Is a high achieving school with students regularly achieving above expected outcomes
- Has a friendly and supportive group of colleagues
- Has recently undergone and £18 million building programme
At Ashcroft High School we are looking for talented teachers who are able to make a strong contribution to the faculty and to the school as a whole. This is an excellent school to begin your teaching career at, and in which to take your first step into middle leadership or to extend your leadership experience via a focus on whole-school improvement.
All staff are provided with laptops, the school has very generous ICT facilities and a well-established learning platform.
Ashcroft High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
For more information and to apply please visit our website or contact Brett Coventry at Hays Education.
T 020 3818 7041 or 07879 692409