Downham Market Academy
Salary range: MPS/UPS
Required September 2020
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in this high achieving and ambitious trust.
This is a new post, created at a time of expansion. Downham Market Academy has recently joined the high achieving Cambridgeshire Educational Trust.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner who will help build the success of the Mathematics Department at Downham Market. As the trust continues to grow there will be opportunities to take on key roles within the trust, developing Mathematics across the schools within it.
The trust strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team
The successful candidate will be:
• exemplary and inspiring in their teaching;
• highly organised, motivational and flexible;
• an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
• reflective in classroom practice;
• dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
• have high expectations of themselves and others;
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• have excellent subject knowledge;
• be flexible and a good team player.
Interview Date: TBC
Downham Market Academy can offer a range of incentives to attract the very best talent: These could include:
• Option 1: Very flexible working arrangements- we are extremely experienced in working with teachers who wish to work part time and can adapt the timetable in order to suit their individual needs.
• Option 2: Relocation Allowance – for example help with initial rent payments, a deposit or removal costs.
• Option 3: Recruitment Allowance – either a one-off introduction or over three years. Outstanding teachers, with proven track records, will be eligible for this allowance.
• Option 4: London weighting – available for teachers currently working in London. We will match your current salary (plus any appropriate pay scale rises you are due) for the first year.
• Option 5: NQT package. For the right NQT this includes:
a reduced timetable for the first two years (60% in year 1, 90% in year 2).
a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including timetabled mentor meetings
half termly NQT team meetings.
access to the school’s exceptional CPD programme offering CPD opportunities at least three times every week.
· Option 6 Heavily Subsided Housing
Subsided Housing in the local area.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme as well as the opportunity to be supported though a Masters in education if they chose to pursue one. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.
Downham Market Academy uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete an Enhanced DBS check and only applications submitted on our application form will be considered.