If you share our values, join our family.
Following our recent OUTSTANDING OFSTED Report, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, driven professionals to join our Family of Schools. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
Our recent OFSTED Report noted:
- “Outcomes in mathematics are outstanding. Provisional information reveals that pupils’ progress in mathematics placed them in the top 2% nationally in 2017”
- “The teaching of mathematics is particularly strong. As a result, pupils make progress that is matched by few others nationally”
- “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature”
- “Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning”
- “Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery”
Outwood Grange Academies Trust offers:
- The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
- A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and a comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
The predecessor Bydales School was judged by Ofsted in 2013 to require special measures and joined Outwood Grange Academies Trust in September 2014. Since then the school has rapidly transformed and 2017 we achieved outstanding results of 85% 4+ and 75% 5+in English and Maths. 90% of students achieved 4+ in Maths and 83% achieved 5+in Maths for progress with a score of +1.1. Attainment in Maths was on average 1.5 grades above the national average. Disadvantaged students were in the top 4% nationally for progress and 0.9 grades above all students nationally.
We would welcome prospective applicants to arrange a visit and tour of the academy before deciding whether to apply. Please contact Jo Ferris, Associate Vice Principal, in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Wappat, Principal: email@example.com
To apply, please visit www.outwood.com > Vacancies.
Further details of the post can be obtained by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday on 26 March 2018.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.