Teacher of Maths
Required: September 2021
MPS/UPS + £3000 per annum Market Forces Payment
In 2019, Year 11 students achieved some of the best GCSE results in the College’s history. 53% of students gained 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths at Grade 4 and above. We are extremely proud of our GCSE students and thrilled that these excellent results reflect the high level of dedication they and our staff have shown to their studies. This has strengthened our position on our journey to becoming an outstanding school. Results at Huxlow have improved year on year and are now securely good.
Results for the Maths Department are strong. In 2019 70% of students gained a grade 4 or above and 51% gained a grade 5 or above.
We are a secondary school with a fantastic student body and dedicated and talented staff. You will join us at an exciting time as we continue our journey to become an outstanding academy.
We are passionate about caring for our staff. Our Well Being Group are committed to initiatives at the forefront of staff well-being. We have signed the Time to Change Pledge and are driving through the action plan for continuous improvement and removing the stigma around mental health. Our latest staff survey judged staff morale to be outstanding.
Our vision for the school is to deliver outstanding education to our students, not only in terms of academic success, but by ensuring we develop the “whole child”. In order to enjoy a successful adult life it is important that our students develop characteristics such as leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative, and communication.
If you are an experienced and effective Teacher of Maths looking for an excellent team to progress your career or an NQT this is an excellent opportunity. We will commit to improving your pedagogy and you will enjoy working in a school where the students are hugely positive and keen to learn.
We know that to realise our vision we need to attract, develop and reward our people. We are committed to the professional development and career progression of our employees.
We can offer you:
- A dedicated, experienced and hardworking team
- The opportunity to improve as a teacher through our tailored professional development programme (we run weekly training sessions that staff have access to in addition to bespoke individual development)
- Opportunities for promotion (in a relatively small College new opportunities for leadership and personal development frequently arise)
- The support of a performance management system that rewards excellence
- The opportunity to contribute to our vision that safe, happy and successful students go on to become safe, happy and successful adults
- Access to national ground-breaking Maths CPD
The essential qualities for the Teacher of Maths include:
- A qualified and effective classroom practitioner with experience of teaching KS3 & KS4
- Total commitment to the inclusive nature of the school and developing the ‘whole child’
- Commitment to safeguarding children
- A commitment to, and a passion for the teaching of Maths
- A passion for ensuring students receive a high-quality educational experience and reach their full potential
- A commitment to developing their own pedagogy and that of others
- Effective organisation and communication skills
We would encourage you to apply if you feel you are the skilled, focused and passionate Maths Teacher we are looking for. Click here to view the full vacancy including job description and person specification.
Closing date: Thursday 20th May 2021 @ 09:00
Interviews: Thursday 27th May 2021
Early applications may lead to early interviews and subsequent removal of the vacancy.
Informal, fact-finding conversations are welcome. Please contact Karen Squires, HR Manager to arrange a remote meeting or telephone appointment with the Learning Leader of Maths. Unfortunately, due to Covid19 we cannot offer a visit prior to application. If you are successful in securing an interview we will ensure you are given a full tour of the school. In the meantime please view our Opening Evening video from this academic year.
For further information please contact Karen Squires (HR Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
It is essential that all applications include a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification. This must no more than 2 sides of A4 with font size 12 or greater.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
CVs alone or CVs submitted via agencies will not be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
Huxlow Science College is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are essential for all posts at the College.
Huxlow Science College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Huxlow Science College is a medium sized secondary school (11-18), located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. We converted to Academy status in 2013.
We are progressing well on our journey to becoming an outstanding school. 2018 s...