We are an innovative Mathematics department and are a Centre of Excellence in Mathematics and ICT as well as Goldsmiths College main teaching school for Mathematics. Mathematics encompasses all aspects of everyday life and so we focus on real world problems, as well as preparing our students for higher education by focusing on the more abstract nature of the subject and developing their independent thinking and learning skills. We achieved very strong results in the new Maths GCSE in 2017 and 2018 with higher than national average results in all areas and a large number of students achieving the very top grades and going on to study Maths and Further Maths A-Level at our Sixth Form.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form SFH6 consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be good by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we are committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “Pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Maths teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthillschool.co.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to email@example.com Note - we do not accept CVs and all applications must be submitted on the Lewisham Teachers Application Form which is available on the school website or as an attachment herewith.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with the Head’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Tuesday 14th May 2019 with interviews scheduled for the same week. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observation.
Safeguarding Statement : Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement : Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.