Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We currently have 840 pupils on roll and are growing every year. We are heavily oversubscribed in Years 7 and 8 and, having moved into our new build, we have world class facilities and a student body who are keen to learn. We are looking for an individual to drive up standards, a positive approach and have sky high expectations of what students can achieve. In return you will get to work in an innovative and highly supportive Academy.
We are looking for a Maths Teacher who:
- Is passionate about Maths and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- Will model best practice teaching and learning across the department and support the development of quality teaching in the department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment
- Will play a key role in leading aspects of faculty CPD.
What we offer:
- A regular and bespoke CPD programme as soon as you are appointed
- We do not grade observations, we believe that trusting our teachers with autonomy to improve creates a strong, vibrant staff culture
- A knowledge-based curriculum in which teachers are encouraged to teach without constraint
- Work-life-balance –, slimmed-down marking centralised homework, no parents evening and minimal reporting and data entry
- Tight behaviour systems including SLT lead centralised detentions to allow you to focus solely on teaching
- World class facilities and technology in the form of Google Classroom and a Chromebook for every teacher
- Private health care through AET
- A new programme ‘Fast Track to Leadership’ which is geared towards newly qualified/recently qualified individuals who are at the beginning of their teaching career but have aspirations for leadership within their sights in the near future.
The post holder will have the opportunity to work in a successful and dynamic team who deliver outstanding Maths provision through rigorous and challenging lessons.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Greenwood Academy one of the best schools in our city:
We actively welcome visits where you will have the opportunity to meet the Headteacher Allen Bird and other members of the team. Please contact Diane Cox on 01214646101 or email@example.com to book a visit.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required to start for January 2018. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply onthe TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.