Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015)
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters degree completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building
We are looking for a Teacher of Maths who really cares about helping our students succeed.
- You would join a strong maths department with a shared vision; to make maths exciting, relevant and easy for all pupils.
- Pupil progress and great teaching is at the heart of everything we do, helping us raise achievement and aspirations in Maths every year. This is achieved through an extensive CPD programme, joint learning walks and collaborative working within the department.
- We regularly collaborate with AET experts to enhance teaching and learning in the department through tailored CPD sessions, joint planning and teaching.
- New maths staff have a personalised support programme and are mentored by an outstanding lead teacher.
- As a department we pride ourselves on our friendly atmosphere where we work together, support each other and share resources. Whether you are an NQT looking for a supportive department to begin your career, or an experienced teacher looking to develop further in teaching, Firth Park Maths is the place for you!
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (Hyperlink to FPA website) to find out more.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jessica Hopkinson Director of Learning, on email@example.com
The position is due to commence in September 2018, with interviews to be held May 25 2018
Closing date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.