Downham Market Academy
Salary range: MPS/UPS
Required September 2022
Due to rapid growth of the academy this is an exceptional opportunity to work in this high achieving and ambitious trust.
This is a new post, created at a time of expansion. Downham Market Academy has recently become part of the newly formed Eastern Learning Alliance Trust.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner who will help build the success of the Mathematics Department at Downham Market. As the trust continues to grow there will be opportunities to take on key roles within the trust, developing Mathematics across the schools within it.
The trust strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team
The successful candidate will be:
• exemplary and inspiring in their teaching;
• highly organised, motivational and flexible;
• an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
• reflective in classroom practice;
• dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
• have high expectations of themselves and others;
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• have excellent subject knowledge;
• be flexible and a good team player.
Interview Date: TBC
Access to the school’s exceptional CPD programme offering CPD opportunities at least three times every week.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme as well as the opportunity to be supported through a Masters in education if they chose to pursue one. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to chare this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
About Downham Market Academy
- Co-educational, 11-18 mixed comprehensive with approximately 1200 students, including 138 in the Sixth Form in the town of Downham Market, Norfolk.
- Now part of The Eastern Learning Alliance
- Our students really want...