Are you passionate about helping pupils develop as learners in a highly supportive and academically ambitious school environment? If so, we would love to hear from you. Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. We are situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
Ideally you will be an experienced Maths Teacher with the ability to teach Years 7 to 13, up to Further Maths and Oxbridge entrance level. It is essential that the appointed person is an effective team member, who can help to promote Maths by means of academic enrichment, and is willing to seek opportunities to develop teaching and learning within the subject. We would consider applications from Mathematics post-graduates who have a passion and desire to teach the subject at secondary education level.
This is an additional member of staff to join the Mathematics Faculty due to the ever-increasing popularity of the subject, especially with a recent increased uptake of Further Maths at A Level.
Our latest ISI inspection report states that ‘the quality of pupils’ achievement and learning is excellent’ and ‘the quality of teaching is excellent overall’. The successful candidate should possess the drive and determination to enthuse all pupils to reach the highest standards. As a boarding School, all our Teachers engage fully in co-curricular activities and the boarding life of the School.
We are looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Mathematics.
• Has an ability to teach up to and including A Level Further Maths.
• Will engender an atmosphere within lessons which is conducive to active learning and encourage pupils to learn collaboratively.
• Will inspire and motivate pupils to strive for the best.
• Will be committed to their own professional development.
• Will embrace our Benedictine Catholic ethos.
We can offer:
• A salary above the national scale.
• A supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• An inspiring, intellectually rewarding work environment.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and co-curricular involvement
• We have an excellent catering facility, which offers all our staff a complimentary lunch.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 26th February 2019, by 10am
Interviews will be held: Thursday 7th March 2019
Please complete your application through our applicant tracking system, full details can be found here: https://cvminder.com/1902d2uv
Please contact the recruitment email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information after reading the application pack.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer. By car, we are within 40 minutes of Bristol, 30 minutes of Bath and 15 minutes of Wells.
Registered Charity Number: 1158507