Due to school expansion, we are seeking two additional full-time teachers to join our Maths Department.
If you are a teacher seeking an authentic experience in a progressive and award winning school, then consider this your personal invitation to USH. We are a heavily oversubscribed community school which proudly and successfully delivers values-led education. We are known for our excellent career progression routes and we attract professionals who are willing to contribute to our sustained success whilst embracing our family-ethos. We are typically ranked in the top 20 Hampshire schools for progress and Ofsted (Oct 2019) said ‘Both staff and pupils are proud of the inclusive nature of the school.’ Maths subject leadership at USH has been rated as ‘Inspirational’ by Ofsted.
Maths has a strong, cohesive team with exciting plans for the future and are looking for someone who is driven and team-focussed. The successful candidates will have a genuine stake in the department’s future success. These vacancies offer opportunities for teachers at different stages in their careers- be you newly qualified or ready for new challenges and leadership opportunities within the subject.
The successful candidates will:
• Be highly motivated and demonstrate an ability to learn.
• Be able to support the development of schemes of work within the department.
• Have a clear understanding of pedagogical knowledge in the teaching of Maths.
• Be prepared to lead extra-curricular and educational visits.
We can offer you:
• A dedicated Maths team who place students at the heart of everything.
• An inspirational subject Lead to guide you through your career.
• An open and honest professional learning community- wholly without ego.
• A team who place a high premium on your professional development and induction.
The successful applicant will be welcomed and supported in our friendly environment where we have a passion for learning. Do feel free to come in for a look around and a chat to see if USH could be a good fit for you.
Full details and application forms can be downloaded from our website: http://uppershirleyhigh.org/staff_vacancies .
Please return your completed applications to email@example.com .
We positively encourage prospective candidates to visit our school prior to applying, please contact our HR Officer, Georgina Figgins, to arrange this. Her email address is: Georgina.Figgins@ushschool.org