Teacher of Maths
Required from September 2019
Suitable for NQT
Are you a talented and dynamic practitioner? Do you wish to play a key role in a high-performing department in a highly successful school in the heart of East London?
Oaklands School is a fully inclusive school with a wealth of opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential. Our Progress 8 Scores are well above national average for the fifth year in a row. We are a school which serves the local community and promotes co-operation, responsibility and respect.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring Maths teacher to join our team in September. The ideal candidate will be reflective and enjoy working with others as part of our forward looking team. We are an experienced team of mathematicians, who are very supportive, often plan collaboratively and are always happy to share ideas. NQTs are encouraged to apply.
We believe that every student has the ability to succeed in mathematics and last year our progress rates were the highest in the borough. We use a wide range of teaching and learning strategies including the use of manipulatives and pictorial methods. We endeavour to support students in gaining a conceptual understanding as well as making sure they are active and enjoy their learning. Problem solving is at the heart of how we teach. We also run a series of projects to help students relate maths to everyday life.
If you have a passion for mathematics and helping students to achieve and are looking for a supportive and creative department that gets results, then please apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• A great teacher who wants to continually develop their practice
• Committed to the idea of success for every child
• Ready to adapt resources; using a range of strategies including the use of physical manipulatives and pictorial methods to help students gain a conceptual understanding to ensure all students achieve.
• Experienced in teaching students to problem solve
• Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
• A collaborative planner, keen to develop projects with others
• Reflective, and ready to take on board new ideas
We are keen to hear from you if you:-
• Are an excellent teacher
• Aspire to develop further as a professional
• Are flexible and adaptable
• Are ambitious, hard-working and a team player
We can offer you the opportunity to join:
• A highly committed and dedicated staff.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• Students who love their school, are ambitious and want to learn
Oaklands is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be DBS checked.
For further details and an application pack:
Telephone: 0207 613 1014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 20th May 2019