Teacher of Maths
Salary – TMS/UPS
Required for September 2019
Full-Time - Permanent
An exciting opportunity for you to contribute to outstanding learning and achievement for our children.
We are seeking a well-qualified Mathematician to deliver Maths across Key Stages 3 and 4. The successful candidate will be a creative individual, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. We are looking for an outstanding teacher, who is able to enthuse and motivate students.
• Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires our students and colleagues
• Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
• Believe that every child can and will succeed
• Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Contribute to the whole life of the school through our co-curricular programme
• Have the highest ambitions for our students, the school and yourself
• The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
• Excellent organisational and ICT skills
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Have an enthusiasm for Maths and the ability to share this with students
• A commitment to extra-curricular activities
The successful candidate will:-
• Have excellent subject knowledge
• Achieve outstanding student outcomes
• Possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the community we serve.
Bourne Community College is a comprehensive school for students aged eleven to sixteen and is situated on the border of West Sussex and Hampshire, with the beautiful South Downs and surrounding villages to the north and the coastal waters of Chichester Harbour to the south.
Within the College we have a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning, supported by excellent staff development and an active student voice group. We believe that the very best learning takes place when students and adults work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. We, of course, have very high expectations for our students’ behaviour and they in turn can have equally high expectations for the quality of their lessons.
This post would suit either a successful and experienced teacher looking for a new challenge or a newly qualified teacher who has the potential and desire to be an outstanding teacher.
Closing date for applications: - Monday 20 May 2019 9.00am
Interview date: - Thursday 23 May 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants invited for interview will be required to produce proof of identity, right to work in the UK and qualifications.